21 September 2010

Juice Bar Collective

I was picking up olives at the Cheeseboard & looked for a photographer there, but found nobody suitable. Fortunately I was passing by another famous collective on my way back to the car & found, yep, another white woman sitting at a table outside, amiably unoccupied. At least she was older—I’d been noticing that the “younger” tag is getting quite large.

I wonder what’s up with picking younger people? Do I feel that they will somehow be more cooperative or respectful toward someone older who is asking a favor? Am I less likely to want to impose on older people, out of respect & deference? Do I identify with younger people more? Am I just part of the overall youth-obsessed culture in which older people are invisible? Am I more confident that younger people will know how to use my camera? What is it? I admit, this one has me stumped.

I’m amused by how much of my public alone time apparently revolves around food.

2 comments:

  1. Relational Aesthetics - Nicolas Bourriaud: "the role of artworks is no longer to form imaginary and utopian realities, but to actually be ways of living and models of action within the existing real, whatever the scale chosen by the artist."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Liz for supplying that! Somebody had to, & it wasn't gonna be me ;)

    ReplyDelete