29 March 2011

Far end of the BART platform

I’ve always loved the view from the end of the Rockridge BART platform, but hadn’t managed to get a photo shoot there. Hardly anyone ever walks over that far. But today, as soon as I got onto the platform, I saw my photographer hanging out down there, so made a beeline for him. Casually, of course.

When I asked him for the picture, he agreed & then said, “What, is BART a big thrill for you?”

I gave a noncommital laugh in response.

After he took the shot, I looked at it & said something about liking the view from there. He agreed, we both looked out over the tracks, & he commented, “That pigeon is walking really close to the third rail, & it’s wet. A real daredevil, that one is!”

“Living dangerously,” I agreed, & took my leave.

4 comments:

  1. I've always had this fantasy of going up to a celebrity and asking THEM to take my picture, to see their reaction. Maybe you can pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea... if I ever see any celebrities! (not likely)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wondered about those daredevil pigeons myself when I've wandered to this spot. Danger Danger Danger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have?!
    I never gave it much thought... too busy looking at the nice SF view!

    ReplyDelete