19 October 2010

Tuesday market

The Tuesday farmer’s market is actually a pretty tough place to do this project. It’s not like weekend markets where a lot of people are just hanging out. During the week, everyone is on a mission, intent on the food. Hands are full of produce carried in a thousand awkward ways, fingers are sticky with fruit juice from all the samples, there is much jockeying for position to weigh & pay. People are not really available for this sort of thing. Last time I fudged one of my rules & asked an idle massage therapist.

I didn’t want to do that this time. I was almost out of the place & about to give up (as I have in weeks past) when here came a man carrying nothing at all, & if he wasn’t exactly strolling, he wasn’t beelining either.

He asked, “Do you want the fruit & everything?”

Of course I want the fruit!

2 comments:

  1. i've seen your cart before, but it never looked so good until i saw it in my own living room. Where's it from, anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barcelona, baby! (sound of many local hearts breaking...)

    However, I have seen similar things in the window of Crate & Barrel, but can't say how much they may be charging for it.

    ReplyDelete